Monday, March 21, 2011

Back from Break

The past week was our school's Spring Break. It was a great week to finally relax, go home, and no worry about any school work. Some students chose to stay on campus during the break, but I had more important things to do then sit around in a dorm and party all week. While that could have been fun, I had the joy of searching for a summer job ... what a joy it was. Well I didn't get a definite job for the summer, I have three definite potentials. Hopefully two of the three will pull through for me and I can finally make some money. Being at school I realize how important it is to have money, especially when you want to treat yourself nicely, or go out every once in a while. Having no money does allow me to do pretty much anything. I can't go out to eat, shop, or go anywhere because no everywhere you go charges admission, anywhere fun at least. Hopefully this summer I will work almost every day at a decent pay and save up for next year. I know I won't have much time for friends, but I am not too worried because there are a few people I will ALWAYS make time for.


Being home I also realized how many friends have actually stuck with me throughout the years of high school into college. I have my close friends here of course, but back home there are only a few I would go out of my way to see. While some people may see this as me having a small amount of friends, I see it as having a group of friends who I actually care for and who actually care for me. I'm thankful for that and would rather this than a large group of fake friends, like I have had in the past. 


Since we're back at school it means back to reality, and back to school work. This first week back will be stressful I know but I have plans for the weekend I am absolutely looking forward to. Once I can study my butt off for my two exams this week and finish up the little homework here and there for other classes, then I get to relax once again. The rest of the semester I need to take week by week. I know there will be many exams and papers piled on top of one another but if I manage my time wisely I know I can improve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment